Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: I'm nuts

  1. #11
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    How good has Mario Kart been so far? I've heard mixed reviews from people who've bought the game . . some enjoy it, and others are bugged by some of the things such as the AI cheating near the end of the race and miraculously catching up/winning, etc.

    Are these issues really as bad (or do they stand out as much) as they're made out to be? And it's a shame the game is so hard to find. I still haven't seen it anywhere for a long while.
    Officially retired

  2. #12
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a homo...

    while you drove and played, I 've been on the mistery lake... </div></div>

    Didn't think you fished there after 10 or so.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PassMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How good has Mario Kart been so far? I've heard mixed reviews from people who've bought the game . . some enjoy it, and others are bugged by some of the things such as the AI cheating near the end of the race and miraculously catching up/winning, etc.

    Are these issues really as bad (or do they stand out as much) as they're made out to be? And it's a shame the game is so hard to find. I still haven't seen it anywhere for a long while. </div></div>

    I like it. I was looking for a 'fun' racing game for myself and the wife. MK delivers. There is a bit of computer 'cheating' during the Grand Prix series in that you get hit with a lot of crap (zap, squid ink, etc.) at the worst times.

    There's a reason everyone is sold out (besides Nintendo limiting supply). The game is just that damn good.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    Yeah, its a solid game.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    Have you guys tried Super Mario Galaxy yet? If you liked Super Mario 64, you'll be absolutely blown away by it. It was one of the first games that really had me captivated up until the very end in a long time.

    I know that it's easy to get sick of Mario games everywhere you look, but SMG manages to throw in so much variety every time you turn around, it stays fresh all the way through. Think of the variety in Super Mario Brothers 3, only in a more galactic setting. It's something only Miyamoto himself can pull off!
    Officially retired

  6. #16
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    I think I tried a demo of that back in the winter at one of the game stores in Kingsport. Didn't like it. I don't care for the 3D type games at all. I'm too retarded to play them. I'm not worth a [censored] on FPS games like CoD or Red Steel.

    I try to stick to sports games or old 2D games like SM3. The Paper Mario game does intrigue me though.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  7. #17
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    I love SM Galaxy. Although, I've had it since xmas and still have yet to finish it. I'm probably not even half way through. Maybe I'm getting a bit retarded, too. LOL
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    I don't care for any of the Mario games, we have kart and galaxy and I have yet to play either of them. I do like the FPS though, CoD is one my favs.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what a homo...

    while you drove and played, I 've been on the mistery lake... </div></div>

    Didn't think you fished there after 10 or so. </div></div>

    gotta find somethin, if i loose to a certain person again, i'm prolly gonna be on suicide watch
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  10. #20
    Inactive Member SWVA-Football's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2005
    Posts
    4,965
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: I'm nuts

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Some Bald Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love SM Galaxy. Although, I've had it since xmas and still have yet to finish it. I'm probably not even half way through. Maybe I'm getting a bit retarded, too. LOL </div></div>

    Oh believe me, until you play this stage, don't worry about being frustrated or thinking you're retarded:
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIj5xQJ_zlI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JIj5xQJ_zlI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

    That one had me ready to rip my hair out. It's bad enough that you have to collect 100 coins within 3 minutes, but it's even worse that you have to literally circle around the entire stage when every platform you touch either disappears or does a complete turn, making you slide off unless you jump onto another one.

    This guy makes it look easy in the video, but unless you memorize almost every single step you're supposed to take, you'll screw yourself over in no time.
    Officially retired

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •